- ProbateReal property often comprises the bulk of an individual’s estate, whether it’s a family home or an investment property. The sale of real property through probate should, of course, be managed to the maximum benefit of the heirs even as it protects the heirs and the interests of the decedent. California Probate Code is very specific in its instructions to both sellers and buyers. Please browse our Sell and Buy sections for helpful information and contact The Sanborn Team if you have questions or would like to discuss the sale of real property through probate.
- Sell Probate
- Marketing Real Property
- How to Interview a Probate Real Estate Agent
- For Attorneys Only: How to Choose a Team for Sales of Real Property in Probate or Trust
- Probate Real Estate Sale Process
- Managing the Probate Process
- 5 Costly Mistakes to Avoid When Listing Your Home for Sale
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Probate Glossary
- Additional Resources for Probate Sellers
- Buy Probate
- Sell Probate
- TrustIf you have questions about a personal or family trust, please consult your attorney. These pages do not offer legal advice or attempt to define the many types of trust, but provide general information for trustees and their representatives who might be facing the sale of real property. We also offer some resources for individuals purchasing property offered through a trust sale. Please browse our Sell and Buy sections for helpful information and contact The Sanborn Team if you have questions or would like to discuss the sale of real property through a trust.
- ConservatorshipLike probate and trust sales, conservatorship sales in California are regulated by Probate Code and are conducted in probate court. One of the primary differences is that in a probate transaction the property owner is deceased; in conservatorship sales the property owner – the conservatee – is often very much alive and may even be living in the home that is for sale. The conservator acts as fiduciary, selling the property on the conservatee’s behalf, often to provide additional funds for the conservatee’s care.
- About Us
The Sanborn Team is small, friendly, efficient, experienced and, of course, licensed to provide comprehensive real estate representation.
Our goal is to minimize client stress by getting the job done right, without fuss or fanfare. Our answers are straightforward; our approach is direct.
We Serve the Greater Los Angeles Area