Getting real property sold involves more than simply placing it in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and posting a sign. Those steps are important, of course, but for The Sanborn Team, successful marketing includes close communication with the seller, as well as in-depth knowledge of the property and the neighborhood.
In 2011, when most of the real estate market was reeling in recession, The Sanborn Team sold 42 properties. Sixteen of them sold in overbids – multiple offers that raised the selling price as much as 44 percent over the list price.
Here are some of the steps that attracted buyers and outstanding results for sellers. (Naturally, our marketing of any property takes into consideration the needs and preferences of the seller and may vary from this list.)
- Work with seller to set price that will attract the maximum number of qualified buyers.
- Work closely with attorneys, trustees, fiduciaries and other representatives of the seller to assure that the transaction is handled professionally to meet their expectations.
- List with multiple Boards of Realtors and with more than one Multiple Listing Service.
- Prepare property profile within two business days.
- Prepare Market Value Analysis.
- Provide detailed information on all comparable sales in the area.
- Prepare extensive on-line advertising: in addition to the Multiple Listing Service and multi-photo tours and property information on sanbornteam.com, the property appears on more than 15 websites.
- Post For Sale sign on property with our direct number.
- Arrange 24-hour access for agents to show the property to prospective buyers (except for occupied and multi-unit properties).
- Counsel agents and prospective buyers on the offer process and all aspects of the real property transaction.
- Assist with inventory of real property.
- Maintain frequent communication with the sellers, their representatives and other real estate services and professionals throughout transaction.
- Place print advertising in local and regional publications.
- Hold broker caravan to attract agents and their buyers.
- Hold public open houses (if there are no restrictions).
- Mail flyers to the surrounding community announcing the listing.
- Arrange showings for agents and prospective buyers if the property is occupied. (An appointment will be set within 24 hours of a request to view the property.)
- Respond to all phone and email inquires on the property within the same day, seven days a week.
- Promote word-of-mouth marketing by sharing listing information with skilled agents in the area and with past clients so they can pass along the information to their friends, family and associates.
- Follow up with all showings to get feedback and to answer questions.
- Handle offer and all subsequent paperwork.
- Once an offer has been accepted and a court date set, continue showing the property to attract overbidders.
- Update overbid information online and in the MLS.
- Continue advertising property in newspapers with overbid price.
- Complete reports accurately, quickly and efficiently.
- Streamline communication between all parties.
- Introduce qualified specialists outside the local marketplace as appropriate.
- Anticipate and solve problems before they cause delays.
- Counsel real estate agents on how to present an overbid in court.
- Open escrow and track progress.
- Close escrow.
For more than 30 years, the Sanborn Team has specialized in the sale of real property through probate, trust and conservatorship. Our no-nonsense approach and proven marketing tactics get results.
No excuses…just great service.